Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ultrasonic Damanging Jewellery

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I am still in the process of determining what tools and equipment is worth having and bought a rather cheap sonic cleaner. I use bottled water, fairy and ammonia mix and it works rather well.

... are worth having. Sorry, English is my second language and I always get the is/are bit wrong.

I'd get in touch with Elma's Technical Support if I were you, Carole, and give them details of the problem. I'm sure they'll be able and willing to shed some light on it.

Quote Originally Posted by FineJewelleryandArt View Post
    ... are worth having. Sorry, English is my second language and I always get the is/are bit wrong.
    So do a lot of people who would claim it's their first language.

Well I can report that the cleaning solution that Jill recommended works brilliantly. No more film on my silver and everything super shiny and clean. The ammonia stinks a bit but is OK if you keep the lid on the ultrasonic. Ammonia is the way to go!

I might switch to that, although I need to finish off the stuff I've got at the moment first. Seems to be fractionally cheaper from Walkers than Eurofindings although the shipping from Walkers is quite high.

I've got a gallon of the Seaclean stuff which will be disposed of today. I know it's wrong, but if it doesn't work it's just taking up space.

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    Well I can report that the cleaning solution that Jill recommended works brilliantly. No more film on my silver and everything super shiny and clean. The ammonia stinks a bit but is OK if you keep the lid on the ultrasonic. Ammonia is the way to go!
    Could I use that in my cheapy ultrasonic...?
    Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Petal View Post
    Could I use that in my cheapy ultrasonic...?
    Worth a try Jules.

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    No more film on my silver
    I notice some solutions leave things abit slimy, but I generally dump things in a small tub of sawdust to dry off without handling anything.
    I keep stuff on the hook that it dangled in the sonic with..otherwise it can be an effort to track small things down even in a small tub.