Thread: Just making contact!

Default Just making contact!

As it’s quite rare to gain access these days, just thought I’d take the chance while I can and say hello.
    Hoping everyone is doing ok and managing the heat if you’re in the south. Lovely in Scotland today but a bit variable.
    It’s a shame it’s so difficult here these days, I’m sure people just give up. Caroline

Yes seems as though the administrators have given up on the forum, weather is a bit different down here (South Australia) 10deg lots of Sun lately, apparently we are in for downpour in the next couple of days. I'm just getting back into things after my hip replacement.

Good to hear from you Bob, it’s been a long time. The forum is a sad place from the busy interaction we used to have. It seems all we have to talk about is the weather ( very British when there is nothing else to say!) Guessing the next time I pop by it will be computer say no

Well, I still get good advice when I ask. Always the same few, but yes it isn’t the place to dip into for chat. Mind you I am a relatively new boy here, but it has changed. One problem I find is the navigation around the site. It isn’t instinctive.Yes hot down here in East Anglia but I am not going to complain! How are the Midges north of Hadrians wall!?
    David

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We haven’t midgies here, that’s more a west coast or water thing. We are awaiting the flying ants though as they seem to be gathering and have even decided to come in under a window in the garden room.
    I popped by here and it had gone down again and I thought it was down for the day.
    The sun came out mid afternoon and just listening to the combine labouring in the rape field. Love the sound of work and otherwise nature at rest and quite still now

First time it's let me in for days!

Mosquitos here in Somerset - I HATE mosquitos!.

I decided to just take the day off and took the dogs to the beach. Good decision I think

We’re only 16 miles from the coast and we never seem to get there now. Maybe we’ll wait until the schools go back in a couple of weeks!

Why is it that when you make a little nothing from some scraps, in this case some sort of simple triangular drop earrings a lot of people see them on their friends and want a pair? Just finishing a 4th pair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    We’re only 16 miles from the coast and we never seem to get there now. Maybe we’ll wait until the schools go back in a couple of weeks!
    It was heaving - I had some stock to drop off in Tiverton so detoured home ( very long detour!) via Woolacombe as the beach there is mostly dog friendly other than the bit right by the town.

Normally we go to North Wales and the beaches are huge, sandy and very quiet. Much nicer!

@Ruedeleglise - always the way! At least they are a simple repeatable design!