Thread: Selling an extensive gemstone collection

Default Selling an extensive gemstone collection

I used to trade gemstones and have an extensive collection remaining, which has been in storage for some years. It’s time I did something about this, so am trying to sell most of these at my cost price.

In the photo, tourmalines, spheres, garnets, beryls, peridots, quartz and a mixed box (opals, rubies, star sapphire, tanzanite, emeralds, conch pearl and imperial topaz)

Also a huge aquamarine and a pair of kunzites.

Let me know if anything interests you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stones.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	13606
    Last edited by Kegs; 16-09-2024 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Adding photo

Wow what a collection, you’ll have a lot of people drooling over that lot.

Thank you. I was generally quite selective though have kept some of my favourite pieces. It just seems like a waste to have these just sat in a box’s

A lot of cash is tied up there, but selling those stones online from photographs will be tedious as you know, so it's time to be more proactive.
    Some suggestions

A lot of cash is tied up there, but selling those stones online from photographs will be tedious as you know, so it's time to be more proactive.
    Some suggestions:
    Find a large jewellery making class, and ask permission to visit with stock during a lunch time. If near London, try Morley college, and City Lit.
    Alternatively, approach a reputable dealer, such as AE Ward in Hatton Garden, and ask whether they are interested in them as a job lot. Dennis

I’m very much aware, and in the middle of a house renovation. I am already speaking with Wards and Marcus McCullen. But partclarly with the more unique stones, it obviously makes sense for both myself and jewellers to go directly, if these are of interest.

In most cases, I’m comfortable selling for about 30% of what someone might pay at the reputable traders, so it’s just about timing and what makes most sense.

Do you have any Canadian Labradorite, I have a suit/set to make i.e. ring, pendant plus earrings.

Please see the list of stones and the photos ;-)