Thread: Money clip…for notes

Default Money clip…for notes

I am being badgered to make a money clip in silver. I need advice from you knowledgeable folk please……1. Is it practical 2. How is best to temper the silver and will it if possible retain its springiness? 3. What thickness would you recommend if feasible. Or any other ideas?
    Ruedeleglise / David.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Make a strip from 0.9mm sterling decorated as you will. If you texture the metal, it will be quite stiff.
    Using a steel rod, or the shaft of a drill bit, in a protected vice,make a slight lip on what will be the front to allow the notes to slip in. Then bend over another rod, just by hand' to make a rounded top and flat back.

Pretty straight forward really and similar to tie clips.

Here are some examples:https://www.google.com/search?client...tsy+money+clip.

Experiments with copper will soon teach you how. Dennis.

As ever…thanks Dennis.

Will these new plastic notes work the same. You can’t fold them and they are so slippery, I find them really unmanageable

Hmm we will see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    Will these new plastic notes work the same. You can’t fold them and they are so slippery, I find them really unmanageable
    Etsy have many on their site…..didn’t think to look there. Must work even with the new notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Make a strip from 0.9mm sterling decorated as you will. If you texture the metal, it will be quite stiff.
    Using a steel rod, or the shaft of a drill bit, in a protected vice,make a slight lip on what will be the front to allow the notes to slip in. Then bend over another rod, just by hand' to make a rounded top and flat back.

Pretty straight forward really and similar to tie clips.

Here are some examples:https://www.google.com/search?client...tsy+money+clip.

Experiments with copper will soon teach you how. Dennis.
    Thanks Dennis. Just made a money clip and now in the polisher. Really very simple!

Well done David. Hope the recipient appreciates all the mental agony involved.
    With the tie clip I had to add a safety chain, because they can fall off, maybe work their way down a trouser leg, and be left on a pavement somewhere.

Ho Ho Ho….he has decided he wants it wider and with s turquoise mounted on it…..bless him! The first was proof of concept (with “Dennis” help! I will either keep this one myself or sell it at cost at a fair!
    David

No time to watch telly then.